This award is named after Lt. General Arthur J. Gregg, U.S. Army (Ret.), Emeriti Member of Excelsior College’s Board of Trustees. Following a distinguished career with the U.S. Army, Lt. General Gregg retired from active duty in 1981, and then served as the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics in Washington, DC. Arthur Gregg has more than 44 years of professional experience, having held senior-level management and command positions in the military and industry.
The honoree receives a certificate, and if attending our July commencement ceremonies they also receive a complimentary two-night stay at the Desmond Hotel, free graduation cap and gown, and recognition at an awards ceremony given in their honor.
This award is presented to an active duty military service member who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement and outstanding career or professional achievement.
- Academic achievement as defined within the context of Excelsior College degrees, awards or scholarships received as well as evidence of further study (including admission to graduate school or earning a higher degree.)
- Professional or career achievement including any accolades for professional advancement within the military, as well as any evidence of exemplary promotion. Consideration may also be given to any awards or work related to community service.
All nominations and supporting documents must be received by April 7, 2017.
Servicemembers may be nominated by an education service officer or counselor, a commanding officer, a military peer, an Excelsior College staff member, or themselves. Nominations must include:
Letter of nomination to include the following information about the nominee:
- Name, rank, and military branch
- Address and telephone numbers
- Date and type of Excelsior College degree earned or to be earned
- Military occupation
- Length of military service
- Activities or accomplishments related to each of the selection criteria
- Statement on how the earned Excelsior College degree will help or has helped the nominee
- Reason for nomination
Send nomination and recommendation letters to:
Arthur Gregg Award Committee
c/o Center for Military and Veteran Education
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159