Excelsior College has implemented procedures that will enable military servicemembers to register for our courses while they await Tuition Assistance (TA) approval for courses in an upcoming term.
Students will use a temporary TA number. Your temporary TA number will follow this naming convention (where xxxx is the last four digits of your Social Security number):
- For the Air Force: AFxxxx
- For the Marine Corps: MCxxxx
- For the Navy: NVxxxx
- For the Coast Guard: CGxxxx
Temporary TA number requirements:
- In order to use the temporary TA number, your Social Security number must be included on your student record.
- The temporary TA number may only be used for one course term at a time. It may be used for multiple courses in a single term.
- The temporary TA number will be valid beginning with the start date of course registration for a specific term.
- The temporary TA number will not be valid during the term’s late course registration period.
- It is recommended that students request and receive official course approval from their Excelsior College academic advisor to ensure the course you attempt to register for applies to your degree program.
Once your service branch approves TA, you must send your approved TA form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518-608-8135. The official form must contain:
- The correct course number
- Correct start and end dates – see chart below
Note: If the TA Approval is not received or if TA is not approved at 100%, you have until the 19th calendar day of the term to cancel with no financial or academic penalty. You will be billed and placed on a financial hold until the tuition is paid in full. If you cancel by the 19th calendar day of the term no further payment is due.
Important Term Dates:
|Temporary TA Release Date – Course Registration Period Begins||Term Start Date||Term End Date||Term Length||Last day to drop without academic
or TA penalty – 19 calendar days after the start date of the term
|November 10, 2016||January 2, 2017 (Spring I)||February 26, 2017||8 Week||January 20, 2017|
|November 10, 2016||January 2, 2017 (Spring I)||April 16, 2017||15 Week||January 20, 2017|
|November 10, 2016||February 27, 2017 (Spring II)||April 23, 2017||8 Week||March 17, 2017|
|March 9, 2017||May 1, 2017 (Summer I)||June 25, 2017||8 Week||May 19, 2017|
|March 9, 2017||May 1, 2017 (Summer I)||August 13, 2017||15 week||May 19, 2017|
|March 9, 2017||June 26, 2017 (Summer II)||August 20, 2017||8 week||July 14, 2017|