Receive college credit for military service school courses, and primary and duty MOS experience that you can apply toward completing an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Liberal Arts degree with Area of Focus in Leadership.
One of six colleges selected to participate in the Army University Continuing Education Degree Program (CEDP) Leadership Initiative Program, we recognize the leadership skills Soldiers earn from AIT, SSD1, BLC, ALC, and SLC. A regionally accredited, private, nonprofit college, offering classes online, we have assisted more than 68,000 military service members earn a respected college degree.
AS in Liberal Arts with Area of Focus in Leadership highlights:
- Offered online Army-wide
- Also offered in the classroom at the US Army Sergeants Major Academy, Fort Bliss, TX
- Develops your leadership, management, and problem-solving skills focused on program outcomes of communication, critical thinking, ethics, and diversity
- You work with an advisor to fine tune your leadership focus
The AS in Liberal Arts will transfer to Excelsior bachelor’s degree programs including BS in Liberal Arts with Area of Focus in Leadership, BS in Military Leadership, BS in National Security, and BPS in Business Management.
Credit Requirements and Degree Maps
You get these benefits with Excelsior:
- Direct student support from Military Academic Advisors and Admissions Counselors in our Center for Military and Veteran Education
- Reduced course tuition rate of $250 per credit hour for active duty, reservists and National Guard personnel and their family members
- Waived degree enrollment fee for military students under the course enrollment option which only requires 9 credits to be completed with Excelsior College through online courses
- Maximum credit awarded in transfer from your military training, prior college, and exams such as DLPT, CLEP, and DANTES
- Military friendly online course schedule offers:
- courses offered in 8-week terms – some available in 15-week format
- courses start every other month – view our academic calendar for term dates
Steps to Enroll:
- Complete your Common Application at goamyed.com selecting Excelsior College as your home college and the Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies, Associate in Applied Science in Administrative Management Studies, or Associate in Science in Liberal Arts as your degree choice based on your MOS.
- Create your free MyExcelsior account
- Complete your Excelsior College Enrollment Agreement online through your MyExcelsior account or by downloading and submitting the Military Application/Enrollment Agreement form.
- Request an official Joint Services Transcript (JST) at doded.mil to be sent electronically to Excelsior College.
Have official college transcripts sent directly to Excelsior College, Records Office, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203. Excelsior College also accepts official college transcripts electronically through the eScrip-Safe, Credential Solutions, Parchment, and Student Clearing House services.
Optional Preliminary Unofficial Evaluation Service Prior to Enrollment
To receive a preliminary unofficial evaluation of your military credits and college courses prior to enrolling in Excelsior College, please email copies of your JST and college transcripts to email@example.com